Part-time hours: 22.5 per week + occasional planned overtime
Absolutely Cleaning Services is a family run cleaning company, operating for 23 years and delivering cleaning services to commercial sites across Wiltshire and Oxford.
ACS employ approximately 200 mainly part time staff. ACS values it’s employees and clients and are looking for someone to join the team that feels the same way.
You will be responsible for delivering a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR and Health & Safety support to all employees. You
must be able to act on your own initiative and be able to advise managers and directors with regards to HR and H&S. You will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring a series of HR and
H&S processes and have the scope to change or develop new policy/procedures. You will be supported by the office manager and directors as well as an external employment law advice service and an
external Health & Safety advice and document template service.
- Management of all HR administration/paperwork. To ensure that all employee records are kept
up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage recruitment process, inc. job advertisements, selection for interviewing, checking
references, applying for DBS checks and job offers/regrets. Issue of contracts of employment and supporting documentation and update contracts as necessary.
- Organise internal staff training and schedule external training, to ensure all staff have the
relevant training for their position.
- Support management and oversee processes such as the redundancy process, disciplinary process and
employee grievance process.
- Manage absence cases/trackers, highlighting any triggers for action (Bradford Factor) – arrange
review meetings with managers and individuals.
- Work to current legislation and guidance, including development of policy/procedure to enforce
- Support management regarding employee development and the appraisal process.
- Manage the TUPE process for staff coming in and out.
- Participate in adhoc projects or complete tasks as required by the business.
- Holiday cover for Office Manager.
Health & Safety:
- Management of all H&S administration/paperwork – including accident reports and near miss
- Plan H&S meetings, take minutes and distribute. Review any outstanding actions and highlight
any H&S concerns to the management team.
- Manage internal H&S site audits.
- Ensure all relevant H&S training takes place, manage training events. (Manual Handling, First
Aid, Fire Marshall).
- Construct Risk/COSHH Assessments, monitor and manage employee sign off using HS Direct
- Ensure new regulations and laws are adhered to including development of policy/procedure to enforce
- Work with the management team to help develop a positive health and safety culture.
- Previous experience of working within HR/H&S is essential.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task, adapt,
prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Computer literate - intermediate level Microsoft packages and open to learning our management
software – Cleanlink.
- Ideally to have had exposure to the commercial cleaning industry but not essential.
- Ability to develop, build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with management and
- Promoting values including being a team player, passionate, professional, committed, honest and
treat people with dignity and respect.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently on your own accord and as part of a team.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times. Adherence to GDPR.
- Ideally CIPD qualified level 5 or above or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Ideally IOSH qualified or equivalent desirable but not essential.
- A good team player, looking to work in a fun and friendly office!
Application Deadline: 26/04/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
If you think you fit the bill, email
firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV.